Hockey: My Door to Europe - Denis Gibbons
Hockey My Door to Europe details the author’s personal - sometimes harrowing - experiences covering international hockey, especially behind the Iron Curtain, including the start of youth hockey exchanges between Canada and communist countries.
The book also provides an in-depth view of the following events:
- The author’s detainment by the Czechoslovak secret police in 1983;
- The nuclear plant explosion in Chernobyl, which occurred during the 1986 World Championship in Moscow;
- The defection of Soviet hockey star Alexander Mogilny following the 1989 World Championship in Stockholm;
- The fall of the Berlin Wall, which took place in November of 1989 while the author was in Moscow;
- The uprising in Kiev, Ukraine, which occurred during the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, leading to Russia’s annexation of Crimea.
Exchange or store credit within 30 days. We do not offer refunds, but our team is here and happy to help you find something else!
Sale items and custom order items are always final sale.
Questions before you order? Reach out to our team at email@example.com or use our live chat feature.
Get FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $100 in Canada and $250 on orders in the USA.
In Toronto? Choose in-store pick-up from our Distillery District location. Or Choose Mile1 courier or local delivery for the fastest, reliable hand-delivery.
We are a proudly Canadian company based in Toronto. Our flagship Toronto gallery has been open in the Distillery District since 2006. All orders ship from Downtown Toronto.
All of our prints are made to order in Toronto, with a limited/rotating selection in stock and ready to ship.
Questions? Reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our live chat feature.
Find us in the Distillery District in Downtown Toronto
15 Tank House Lane
Mon - Wed, 10am - 7pm
Thurs-Sat, 10am - 8pm
Sunday, 10am - 7pm